dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

dinner, poetry workshop

Yesterday at 8 in the morning I got a call from my friend V asking if I would switch bookstore shifts this week--she had a meeting in Yuba City--and I said yes. So Erik and I ran errands in the morning and walked at Howe Park, my first real walk since I got sick, so I'm officially well again, which is nice.

In the evening I went to dinner with my friend H--I hadn't had dinner with her in months--at an upscale Mexican place called Centro. I made the mistake of ordering guacamole--it was in a huge bowl, way more than one person could eat, and H doesn't like avocados, so I was on my own. For my main dish I ordered the potato burritos--potatoes just sounded good to me--I was in an odd mood, because usually I would have gone for something like enchiladas.

Afterwards we went to a poetry workshop at Hart center downtown. It was our first time there, and our friend H met us there--her first time too. The workshop was pretty fast moving, and I was impressed at how smart everyone was. I liked about half the poems. The problem is that I don't have poems I have questions about. I guess I could bring in a poem that I considered done and see what they had to say about it as an experiment. I'm pretty sure at least one person last night brought in a poem he knew was done, showing it off. I don't mean that in a bad way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home