dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

good, happy, right

Tonight I had dinner with my friend H. We went to the tapas place we went to before. We shared some bread served with a dipping sauce of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. We shared some eggplant, some anchovies, some cheese, a few olives. We split a piece of bread pudding cheesecake. She had lots of news for me about two trips and a new boyfriend. Maybe we'll go on a double date next time he's in town. It makes me feel good that she wants me to meet him.

My old friend J made me a new mix CD and gave it to me weekend before last when we visited in Santa Maria. It feels good to have new music in my life. Right now I'm loving a band called the 1900's and wish everyone could hear "When I Say Go." It makes me feel happy.

I also wish everyone could hear "My Year In Lists" by Los Campesinos! so here it is. Erik finds it too screamy, but I find it just right.

3 Comments:

  • At July 23, 2008 7:19 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    "I've been touched in places by very scary hands"

     
  • At July 23, 2008 8:03 AM, Blogger Claus said…

    Yeah...a bit too screamy for me too. Maybe if they took away the girl who seems to be singing way too loud (almost screaming the lyrics) it would be good for me.
    Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At July 23, 2008 11:39 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Dear Jason, that is the line that stands out most for me. Friend from Guatemala, you and Erik must be cut from the same cloth.

    LM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home