dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 19, 2008

security

I got a letter from my friend K--among other things, she told me she'd had her identity stolen. So the next day, I saw an ad on freecycle giving away a paper shredder. I had been thinking we should have one for a long time. I responded, and I was evidently number one, so yesterday we picked it up in a part of Sacramento we had never really been to. Freecycling leads us to interesting places.

Kitty is afraid of the paper shredder. The noise bothers him, but mostly the weird shaking motion of the paper as it's feeding down into the shredding mechanism. It freaks him out. He gets wide eyed and stumbles away with backward glances.

This morning I made box risotto for breakfast, a salty choice. Erik is out at an art thing at the Crocker with his friend T. There was something else I was going to say, but I've forgotten. Oh yeah--last night I dreamt that I got tricked and locked in a room by my old friend B from grad school. I woke up yelling. She and I have recently become reacquainted through facebook, and I couldn't be more pleased. So I don't know where this dream came from. What would my therapist say? If everything in the dream is me, then my inner B is not on my side. I do have an inner B, and sometimes I try writing poems in her voice, or I see myself making B-like moves in a poem and like them very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home