dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, July 19, 2008

link mania

Today we went to town--I don't know the difference between downtown and midtown, though it's been explained to me. I wanted to go to Naked Lounge, but we couldn't remember how to get there. Lost, we happened upon True Love Cafe, but it looks like it's closed--it looks like a Middle Eastern / Greek restaurant now.

So I suggested we go to Rick's Dessert Diner, which I had never been to before, but Erik wasn't in the mood for dessert (he'd eaten muffins earlier at the art gallery thing he went to with T). We found a tea place called Hina's Tea and went there. Erik got matcha, and I got a citrus-y tulsi iced. Erik was unimpressed with his matcha. It was served without froth. I liked my iced tea quite a lot and shared.

Then we went to Beer's Books, and I bought some beautiful postcards from China. I also bought some silly postcards of Sideshow Bob.

Today was an interesting mail day. My friend P sent a packet of many zines which I haven't even begun to read yet. And Pearson sent us Pearson insulated lunch bags as a token of their love. I got another packet of zines, this one in trade with a zinester I met through goodreads. Two of the zines are stuffed with poetry, and one of the zines is about being a test subject for medication trials. The latter I read years ago somehow. So I'll write to her and tell her how much the latter inspired me and showed me what it's possible to go with zines in the same way Clark 8 did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home