dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 17, 2008

noodling

Today we watched a documentary called Okie Noodling. It's about catching catfish with one's bare hands. I learned about the south and about gender.

Tonight I finished the review I was working on of The Constant Rider Omnibus by Kate Lopresti for Zine World.

This morning we walked at McKinley park and sat writing and reading at a picnic table until the noise from nearby construction bothered me enough that it was time to go.

This afternoon I worked my usual bookstore shift. I was so nervous beforehand that my stomach was upset. I'm thinking more about quitting and how to go about it. I feel so ridiculous because it seems like a very unstressful job, volunteering at the bookstore, but it's become such a painful burr, and the people at my place of worship would not understand. My anxiety is hard to explain.

Tomorrow we're not allowed to use the plumbing from 8 to 10:30 in the morning. We should probably go out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home