dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 10, 2008

too hot to think of a title

This morning we went to the bookstore at Rudolf Steiner College. I think Steiner is the person who started Waldorf Schools. We looked at wooden blocks and wooden animal toys and fabric dolls. We looked at books. I looked at postcards, and I bought three. I really wish I had a scanner so I could show them to you. I wanted to also buy a wooden pen. Maybe next time.

I got the notion into my head that I might like to play recorder. There's a recorder group here in Sacramento.

This morning after Steiner College we went to the dollar store to see if they had more of this tasty organic tomato soup we got there last time. We ran into my friend B. He told me about a Russian bakery nearby with really delicious day old breads. So Erik and I went there. We found cantaloupes for seventy five cents each, which pleased Erik. And we bought a day old loaf of rye. Erik just made some toast and gave me a bite--it's very good. It's substantial.

We had some overripe bananas, so I made some banana bread (despite the heat). It has pecans in it.

I got a facebook request from someone very important to me, the teacher who made a world of difference in my life when I was in high school, my journalism teacher. He has been a force of good. So I was excited to be his facebook friend. He has 266 friends, and from his comments, it looks like most are former students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home