dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 29, 2008

shocked

My favorite infoshop in the world Long Haul in Berkeley was raided at gunpoint on Wednesday. Property was seized (sounds like mostly computers), the warrant was provided after the fact and was vague, and the search lasted more than an hour and a half. The FBI, Berkeley police, and Alameda sheriff conducted the raid. They were looking for evidence that a felony was committed.

I feel upset. Long Haul is the place where I donate all the zines I don't want anymore as well as copies of all the zines I make. I've never used their zine library, but I've donated to it many times. Long Haul puts out a zine called Slingshot.

2 Comments:

  • At August 29, 2008 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was really shocked to read this too. it's such an institution, has done good for so long and is so inclusive and supportive...
    and I held a Ms. Films screening event on my little Northwest tour a few years ago and it was great.

     
  • At August 31, 2008 7:59 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yeah, I hope they get their computers back and recover soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home