dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Janmastami

Today I'm going at noon to help decorate for Krishna puja. This will be my third year. I tack artificial flowers to the railing of the bridge across the Krishna pond. Then I'm helping make garlands tomorrow. Last year I made the three garlands that fit tight at the top of Krishna's head, but this year P said I'm making the big garland that drapes around his neck. The puja is tomorrow night. It's the biggest one, and I think Erik's going to go, but it's not my favorite. It takes place at three different locations (at the baby Krishna statue, at the big Krishna statue, and indoors), which is too much moving around, especially for the choir because we have to cart all our stuff, including the harmonium, which is heavy. Also, it tends to be hot. Today's high is supposed to be 92. But tomorrow it's supposed to hit 95. That's pretty hot for being out in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home