dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, August 24, 2008

mostly food

I accidentally bought a bag of red plums--I thought they were nectarines--and didn't know what to do with them, so I decided to make fruit salad. The recipe is red plums, green grapes, banana, mango, and strawberries. I think the grapes are my favorite. The mangoes are really good too. Anyway, it's a great way to use up my red plums.

I baked some pumpkin bread the other day. I tried following the recipe to the letter, but I didn't have any ground cloves, so I just added an extra teaspoon cinnamon. The bread turned out delicious but slightly bland. So next time I'll probably buy some ground cloves. Also, I want to put in walnuts.

Today I made garlands for Krishna--I made the three head garlands just like last year. I think they turned out very pretty, but we'll see tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home