dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 06, 2008

green scarf

A new SAT scoring session began today. I'm not doing well. But I've scored two and a half hours so far. I think I'll make lunch and do one more hour.

There's some construction going on in our apartment complex, and someone's got a table saw going at seemingly-random intervals. Last night I started using ear plugs. They don't block out the noise entirely but definitely dull it.

Yesterday we went to our favorite thrift store Thrift Town in Carmichael to buy Erik some clothes. He got two pairs of jogging / hiking pants, three sweatshirt-type warmnesses, and a pair of shoes that he'll wear for running. I looked for clothes for myself and found nothing. There was a pair of dark purple jeans I was interested in, but the original tags hadn't been removed, so they were selling them for $20. Probably wouldn't have matched any of my shirts anyway. I'm on an earth-tone color scheme: lots of grays and browns.

Cold here--I mean, if you're in a "real winter" place you would scoff at my saying it's cold here. But it's been down to 59 degrees in our apartment (our clock has a thermometer). We're stubbornly refusing to use the heater. This morning I'm bundled up in warm clothes including the thick green scarf my mom crocheted for me last visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home