dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

what I did today

This morning we went to the bird refuge. I wrote a letter to my friend R in Cumbria and started reading Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich. My friend A gave this book to me about a year ago, and I'm just now getting around to reading it.

This afternoon I went to my friend P's apartment to talk. She was making soup. It was good--it had sweet potatoes and garbanzo beans in it, which I would think would not be a good combination, but it was.... It's called Gypsy Soup from the Moosewood cookbook. I happen to have that cookbook, so I'm planning to look at the recipe and maybe buy some sweet potatoes and canned garbanzo beans.

Today P the oral historian dropped off a manuscript for me to edit. He was on his way to do some research at Sac State. I haven't even read the first page of it, which is just a letter of instructions to me.

Tonight I made some delicious banana bread. It's a vegan recipe, but I still have butter left in the fridge from our pre-vegan days, so I used butter instead of margarine, and it turned out great. I also used whole wheat flour instead of regular, and I used all brown sugar as opposed to half brown and half white. And I added half a cup of walnuts.

We watched part three of four of BBC miniseries Have His Carcase. It's super good. I love both Harriet Vane and Lord Peter Wimsy. It's like the X-Files all over again.

Thinking about using the heater--we haven't used it yet this year--it's become like a game, to see how long we can go. It's 62 degrees in here, and I'm kind of tired of being cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home