dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

mail report

Today was a fabulous mail day. I got a postcard from my friend C in Kansas--it's from her trip to Arizona--it depicts 12 Kachina dolls, and they look great. This postcard makes me feel loved and thought of.

I also got a stuffed envelope from Don Wentworth, my friend who makes the Lilliput zine. He had some really nice things to say to me, and a great surprise is that he wants to reprint a one-sentence poem I had in Erik and LM #44. It's called "roadside." Of course, I will say yes. He also sent Lilliputs, but the mailman stuffed them in the mailbox in such a way that they are no longer in mint condition.

I also got from Microcosm my copy of 2007 Zine Yearbook that includes an excerpt from functionally ill #1. The package got damaged in the mail--it split, and the postal service taped it shut and put the whole thing in a plastic bag for me. So the book arrived intact but with a gouge in it.

Summary: excellent mail but poor handling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home