dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 01, 2009

happy new year!

Yesterday we walked to the new thrift store that's down the street on Watt. I got a gray teeshirt for 91 cents. I think it's destined to be my new favorite teeshirt. It seems new. We also got a green bowl for 67 cents. It's so beautiful--it's my new favorite bowl, and it's microwave safe.

Last night we went to bed at a regular time and set the alarm for 11:20 so we could go to Vedanta for midnight vespers. It was fun. Swami burned just about my favorite smell of incense. A lot of people were there, more than last year, and some of the people I had never seen before.

Today is Erik's birthday observed. I will bake him a vegan carrot cake. I also want to take a walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home