dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

report

Did some major cleaning in the bedroom today. Threw a bunch of old stuff away, and got together some other stuff for Goodwill. Still lots more to do.

Kasbah last night was awesome. We watched someone smoking a hookah through the window. They were out on the patio. We were inside eating some delicious falafel, baba ganoush, hummus, olives, labneh, and sweet potato fries with delicious hot creamy sauce. The conversation was relaxed and intimate. The light was dim. Driving on the freeway in the pouring rain felt dangerous, but we were fine.

Today we went for a walk by the American River. It was good to be out, but I was in a bad mood. I got two books and a CD that were waiting for me at the library: The Phantom Tollbooth, Tuesday, and Bjork's Debut. I'd heard great things about Tuesday, but it wasn't my cup of tea (it's a picture book, a fast read). Erik started reading me The Phantom Tollbooth, and I'm not that into it so far. I prefer the other book he's reading to me, The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf (my favorite novel for years).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home