dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, March 02, 2009

outage, cultural exchange, lentil soup, hand soap

Today we tried going to our home library and it was closed because the power was out. So I couldn't pick up the books and CD that are there waiting for me.

We did the Medi-Cal application. It was a lot easier than we thought it would be. We watched little kids play while we waited in line. "What language do you speak?" one mom asked another.

She replied with a word I didn't understand.

"Where were you born?" the mom asked.

"Ethiopia," the mom said.

"How interesting!" the first mom said. She didn't know what to say. It was a mini-conversation taking place with quite an audience of bored people.

I made some heavenly lentil soup. It has onions, carrots, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, salt, pepper. Doesn't sound very good, does it? But it is!

I found out that the complete line of method products is vegan. I decided to buy some liquid hand soap for the bathroom because for some reason bars of soap fall apart. And I did some research to find out that it's vegan. It didn't say so on the bottle, but it says so on the website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home