dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 23, 2009

oops

Today I baked vegan cornbread. When I went to take it out of the oven, I noticed it was very done--almost burned. What went wrong? Then I realized the oven was on 450, not 350. Oops. I tried a piece, and it was still good. It's not dried out, and the top crust has a lovely little crunch. The bottom and side crusts are a little too brown but still okay. The inside is tasty. So it's not a complete loss, not at all.

But it means that the cookies I baked yesterday for S came out overdone, and Erik didn't tell me! (I couldn't taste them because I don't eat chocolate.) I guess what I need to do is make the cookies again, correctly this time, and give some to S to show her their true goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home