dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sunflowers

Today we went downtown to run some errands. We picked up Erik's new yoga mat! which we got through freecycle. We dropped off some books at my friend S's workplace, and we dropped off some zines at my friend H's workplace. Then we went to McKinley Park so Erik could run and I could walk. It was good to be out.

Just now I went across the street to buy some produce and get a $10 bill to include in a card for a friend's daughter. At first the checker gave me a bill that was ripped and poorly repaired with tape. "Oh, can I get a prettier one? It's for a birthday present," I said, and she was really nice about it. She found a pretty one for me.

At McKinley Park after I walked I sat on a bench and wrote a note to my cousin S who's in prison, and I wrote it on a card I got from the dollar store. It's of Van Gogh's Sunflowers. I couldn't figure out why they were at the dollar store. Then I was looking at the back and saw that the painting was by Vincent can Gogh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home