dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 26, 2009

quiet

Yesterday I was feeling kind of down and edgy. We waited all morning for the glass guy to show up, and he did at 11:30. He'd brought the wrong size glass, so he said someone would call us to let us know whether he'd be able to get the right size that day or whether we'd have to wait until Monday. Meanwhile, I got a text from H asking if I wanted to go to McKinley park, and I did. So the glass company called and said Monday between noon and 2. So we went to the park.

H had her knitting--she's knitting squares for Code Pink. We sat by the duck pond and people watched. At one point a terrific fight broke out between a couple of white geese. I was afraid to see blood on white feathers, but there was none.

Today Erik is hiking with T. I skipped worship for the nth week in a row. Listened to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and old Cure. Washed dishes, wrote a letter. Life is quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home