dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, June 11, 2009

neck pain

Tuesday night was women's writers group. We had food, including See's Candy given by a boyfriend: polar bear paws and caramel-covered marshmallows. I broke my vegetarian vows by having a caramel-covered marshmallow (marshmallows, except for special vegetarian ones, have animal ingredients in them). I brought in "Personal Poem" by Frank O'Hara and we wrote poems about lunchbreaks. We talked about what we're reading and about religion--I randomly asked one of the other writers if she believes in a soul, which got us started. Our hostess played for us the theme song to Captain Planet, which I had never heard.

Tuesday afternoon I went to Vedanta to work with P on getting the bulletins ready to mail. Then we went for a walk in the garden and sat at a stone table and talked for an hour. She told me about her grandparents and her hard life growing up on farms in the Midwest. She's 74 years old.

Yesterday I drove to Howe park to go for a walk there and saw a circus setting up. I think it's a circus in Spanish because the signs seemed to be in Spanish. I was surprised to see a circus there.

Today a SAT scoring session started. I don't like it and need a new job. It's a pain in the neck.

I got a poem accepted! Freehand Zine is publishing "the most meaningful job of my life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home