dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, August 07, 2009

parking lots

Last night we went to dinner at the Kasbah. Their happy hour food is incredibly inexpensive. We got tasty falafel and these wondrous, perfect fries with a delicious sauce. These dishes were three dollars each, with free pita bread, so our total with tax was $13.05.

Then I had women's writers group. I felt like I hadn't seen the other two women in a long time. So it was great to be in a group with them again. I wrote a couple poems that I didn't read out loud.

This morning we went to county pharmacy. Going there stresses me out, but they had my medication this time, and it was easy. We went for a walk at Morse park. I've been reading a book about Finland, a guide book, though I don't intend to go. Today I was reading stats about how many reindeer and elk are killed on roads every year, and by trains. I was giving Erik advice on how to avoid hitting them.

Tonight I have my women's religious group. There's some sort of road repair being done in the neighboring apartment complex's parking lot. Also, the Dairy Queen parking lot is all blocked off with rental fence--don't know what's going to happen there, but it's been a couple days and no work yet. We thought maybe the Dairy Queen was closing, but it's still open....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home