dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, August 15, 2009

happy birthday, Krishna


Yesterday we went to Berkeley, and it was so fun. We ate Indian-Pak food, shopped at stationary stores and Global Exchange, sat at a picnic table in Tilden park to write, and looked at native plants at Tilden park's botanic garden. We saw animals: ravens, raccoons, feral cats.

Today I went to Vedanta in the morning to make flower garlands for Krishna--I made the three head garlands and one for his ankle. It was fun to be among friends, and it made my hands smell like marigolds. Then in the evening was the puja. Everything came off without a hitch. It was a full house, and our singing sounded good.

Today I got a jury duty notice in the mail. I need to start calling in the weekend of my birthday. Luckily it's a good time (not during work).

Putting together ideas for a CD for my friend J in Chicago. So far I've got Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Joanna Newsom, Of Montreal, and Bright Eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home