dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 31, 2009

happy Halloween

Yesterday my friend A was in town. Her family was seeing a show. But she didn't want to see it, so I got to spend a few hours with her in the evening. We went to the co-op and shopped. She wore a beautiful brown sweater. We bought chocolate, kale chips, balm, red quinoa. Then we hung out at my place, sitting on the living room floor, talking. It was very nice.

Today was Jagadhatri puja. It's a big event at my church. The nuns and devotees from San Francisco and Berkeley come over and join us. There's a lot of singing and chanting. The choir sounded fabulous. We sang "Ma Twam Hi Tara." Then was lunch. I was on the lunch crew. I enjoyed dishing the food.

This afternoon we went to the downtown library. Erik read Science while I wrote a letter to K in Finland. I was exhausted from the morning.

This evening I tried making a dessert. It's usually made by combining peanut butter, honey, and milk powder. I tried combining peanut butter, agave nectar, and soymilk powder. It just wasn't the same. I didn't use a recipe--I just combined the ingredients so the final product would roll easily into balls and taste sweet. I wasn't too impressed, so I added some vegan mini chocolate chips. Still wasn't too impressed. Maybe I'm misremembering the excellence of the original version.

We bought organic lollipops at the co-op in case kids came trick-or-treating, but no kids yet. Erik's doing yoga. I bought a sugar pumpkin at Trader Joe's a couple weeks ago and don't think I'll carve it. I promised Erik I'd use it to make vegan pumpkin curry soup.

I haven't heard from P in a couple days. I'm waiting for an audio file of the oral history interview he conducted on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home