dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 25, 2009

more hemp

The fight is over, but people are talking loudly outside. I guess I could put in ear plugs to score. But it's almost time for Erik to get the laundry.

Meanwhile, I'm making great progress in the hemp department--I'm skilled at the square knot chain, and I even figured out how to get the cowrie shells in there. What I don't understand yet and need to learn is how long the pieces of hemp need to be to make a finished product of a certain size. The thing I just made is too big to be a bracelet, too small to be a headband (I was going for a headband).

Also, I don't understand closures. The kit provides large beads which are supposed to be hooked on a hemp loop. Pretty sketchy. Also, the holes in the beads are too small for the hemp to go through, so I couldn't use them even if I wanted to. There's got to be a better way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home