dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 19, 2009

shaken

Scoring, scoring. We went to the park so Erik could run and I could walk. I met with P by the duck pond so I could give him back a CD with an oral history interview on it. I touched the stars on the collar of his jacket. He used to have one, but now he has two. He was promoted. He shook me while telling me a story of being shaken by an Irishman in Ireland at a football game. I have never known P to be a fan of sports, so I'm surprised he was at a game. I was also surprised to be shaken. It made me laugh. Later I read the Poetry Now zine he gave me. None of the poetry excited me, though I was open to that. Oh, and P complimented my necklace, which nobody had ever done before. It's a necklace my friend C in Minnesota made me, and I'm just crazy about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home