dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 14, 2010

conclusion

I did a little research and found a website saying Natural Value's waxed paper is 100% paraffin and vegan.

http://www.veganpeace.com/ingredients/ingredients.htm


Today I had lunch with my friend P--she picked me up at noon. We talked about our church friends, her kids, zine-making, someone who wanted to marry her a long time ago. We stayed at the restaurant maybe an hour after we'd eaten our food and probably bothered the waitstaff. Lots of other eaters came and went while we were talking. Sometimes I was distracted by their conversations. For a while to our left was a dad and teenage son--the teenage son seemed a bit surly and his hair was wild brown curls. They wore very similar shoes. I could have sworn I heard the dad say something like, "When you get on the boat, you're not going to turn into a homo." WTF? Then she took me home and we stayed talking in her car for a while.

I've been losing everything lately. This morning I found my address book, though. I think losing stuff leads to losing more stuff because for example everything on my desk gets stirred up while I'm searching and what belongs on top gets redistributed so it's on the bottom.

This morning I got sidetracked researching suicide notes and my mental health suffered as a result. Then I was reading long wikipedia articles on Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love, Elliott Smith. I guess other than lunch with P I've done a crappy job taking care of myself, but tomorrow's a new day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home