dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, January 01, 2010

great 2010 so far

Last night we stayed home for new years, set the alarm for 11:30 to wake up and talk quietly with a candle lit, and Erik rang his bowl bell when midnight arrived. We listened to neighbors yelling "Happy New Year!" and some fireworks. It all seemed funny to me.

Earlier yesterday, while I was making vegan mushroom curry for dinner, Erik asked me if I had any resolutions, so on the spot I resolved to eat more vegetables, which sounds like a boring resolution, but vegetables are very exciting to me. Erik's resolution is the same as last year's: to laugh more.

This morning I slept in super late and just had a sweet potato for breakfast. We need to go to Whole Foods--I have a list that includes smoked paprika, mung dal, vegan chocolate chips. Last night I wanted to bake vegan banana bread, but we're out of canola oil, so that's on the list too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home