dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 07, 2010

kiwi fruit evening

Today Erik is hiking with his best friend T, and I have been reading and goofing off on the internet all day. I feel the need for more protein-rich vegan breakfasts, so I researched that a bit, and visited facebook, and caught up on livejournal, and visited We Make Zines to observe the drama there. I've been reading A Girl's Guide to Taking Over the World and enjoying that very much--I think I'm almost done. Oh, and there's a cookbook for college students I checked out from the Carmichael library yesterday. It has a recipe for tofu cooked in orange juice that I'm very curious about, a breakfast food. Otherwise, I'm ready to try tofu scramble, something I've avoided making for years. My chosen recipe is printed and ready for tomorrow morning's breakfast time.

The river yesterday was perfect. It was a cloudy day, and there were few people out. We explored a sand bar and sat for a long time talking and playing with stones. Our only animal company was the birds and some distant fishermen. I wore a hat and scarf and jacket. Before the river, we ate ate Sunflower and watched feral chickens. (I had a super nut burger--Erik had his beloved mushroom millet burger.)

Our sprouted mung beans are almost ready for eating! I wish I was a photographer and would take you a beautiful picture.

Today I've done no work on the three zines I've got going. I thought I'd get a ton done with Erik absent, but nuh-uh. Right now I'm eating kiwi fruit and hankering to get back to my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home