dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the story of our afternoon

Yesterday a combination of events occurred such that we went out to Thai food downtown. It had been a super long time. The food was delicious. And we had the perfect table, right at the window, and there was a stoplight so cars would stop, and I could stare at the people and they had no idea I was staring at them. We went at about 2. I didn't feel crowded or rushed. It was great.

Then we still had an hour left on the parking meter, so we decided to try to find Zanzibar, this store Erik thought I would like. So we walked kind of far and found it. It's a fair trade import store with lots of little statues and trinkets and jewelery. They had a ton of Day of the Dead stuff, soapstone statues from Africa, amber, malas, incense, statues, soap.... I bought some expensive beautiful cards, a little hand of Fatima, a little pin of skeletons riding bikes, and a present for my brother. His birthday isn't coming up, and Christmas is far away, so I guess I will just send it for no reason.

Then we realized we were going to get a parking ticket, so Erik decided to run ahead and get the car and pick me up. So I stood on a street corner near Zanzibar, waiting. Then my friend's boyfriend N came by on his bike. It was good to see him. Then Erik picked me up, and we didn't get a ticket. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home