dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, February 08, 2010

surgeon's knot

Nice stranger in a forum told me about a knot called the surgeon's knot. They said to try it on my zine binding. I looked it up and found a couple different versions. The way I understand it is to make a knot like I always would only add an extra twist at the end. But some websites seem to say the extra twist should be at the beginning. Kind of confusing. Anyway, I could have found some bright green #10 cotton thread and waxed it myself, but I decided to use what I have.

My prompt scored out yesterday evening, so I am all done, but Erik got up early because his was and still is going. It's his second day in a row getting up before 4 am.

I kind of wanted to get my originals all ready and go to Berkeley today to photocopy Please Pass the Plants, but there's no way, so the soonest day we could go is Saturday.

Erik's working outside the home Tuesday through Friday. I don't know what I'll do. I finished the novel I was reading. Got plenty more out from the library, though.

Yesterday we went to our favorite park so Erik could run, and it was great to get some sun. (I haven't even peeked an eye at the manuscript P sent me to proofread.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home