dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

vegan tollhouse chocolate chip cookies: baked

Yesterday I wanted to bake and asked Erik want he wanted, and he said chocolate chip cookies, so I made these, adding a cup of broken up walnuts.

http://www.beansandgreens.net/?p=819

They are not health food by any stretch of the imagination. I used white whole wheat flour, and I guess nuts are good for you? But otherwise, a ton of Earth Balance. The recipe calls for two sticks, same as Mexican wedding cakes.

I made them small, so they're cute. They taste very, very good. They're made with ground flax seeds as the egg replacer--oh, ground flax seeds are good for you. I think I can taste the flax seeds, and maybe that's a flaw, depending? Next time I think I'll try Ener-G as the egg replacer and see how we like that.

Anyway, made a ton of cookies, and I put some in the freezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home