dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, March 11, 2010

baking tofu

Today Erik is hiking. I surprised myself by going out. I drove to the post office and Trader Joe's for the first time in quite a while, maybe a year. I was motivated by boredom, the need to mail some stuff for my women's religious group, and the need for tortillas and sweet potatoes. Well, those are more wants than needs.

I got some tofu too. And for a long time I'd been wanting to marinade some tofu and bake it, so I have tofu that I marinaded in the oven right now. I used soy sauce, water, fresh garlic and ginger, and sesame oil as the marinade.

My cookie sheet isn't flat--it's shaped sort of like a smile, and the two slabs of tofu at the dip in the smile don't seem to be cooking. I guess I should have shifted the slabs around so they would bake evenly. I will be sure to do that next time?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home