dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 07, 2010

trip to Davis

We had been thinking about what to do today. A few days ago I had wanted to go to lunch at Kaveri, and then Erik said why don't we go to Thai Basil, so we were maybe going to Thai Basil, but then he suggested Katmandu Kitchen in Davis, which I love, and then we could go to the Davis co-op, my favorite.

So we made a list of all these options, and we researched this tea place I noticed in Carmichael when I was driving to P's place yesterday for the bored meeting (I made a funny), but it seems like an English tea kind of place, and I am not into the lace, gloves, and fake roses thing at this point.

Anyway, we did the Davis plan, visiting the arboretum first. We were up pretty early. We went to sleep last night, and then I woke up this morning and the sun was shining--it was 6:30. I was shocked because usually Kitty wakes us up a lot in the night, and it was the first time I remembered sleeping the night through in a long time.

The arboretum was beautiful, and I wrote a letter to my friend person in Mexico City, read some Susie Bright, listened to music, and wrote in my journal.

Then at Katmandu Kitchen--I get the feeling I'm leaving out an h, like maybe it's Kathmandu Kitchen?--our food was great, and we got rasmalai because I really wanted Erik to try it, but it turns out he had had it before, probably at Vedanta. God, it's delicious.

Then we went to this store of Tibetan stuff, and that was fun. I almost bought a necklace--I wanted one of a vajra, for some reason. Maybe I should have gone with it--it was only about $8. I ended up getting a new Ganesha card for the car and two postcards.

Then at the co-op I shopped for cards, got some mushrooms and mandarins, looked for white whole wheat flour (which they didn't have), looked for plain soy yogurt (which they didn't have either).

Oh, I forgot to say we went to Border's too, earlier, and I got some cute happy birthday postcards with Smarties on them, which are like M&Ms but British and come in a tube.

Sorry so much about buying stuff lately--I will not buy anything for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home