dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, May 09, 2010

relish

I was lying in bed, nice and cozy under the covers, just thinking my thoughts, when I was struck by the idea of relish.

"I want to know more about relish," I told Erik. He said the other day he was craving a hot dog with relish! I told him I used to have it at BBQs. I don't think we had it, when I was a kid, but at BBQs other people brought it.

We decided we need to get vegan hot dogs and buns and relish. We already have that mustard I bought yesterday and some ketchup. "Those hot dogs are bland," Erik said.

"It doesn't matter!" I said. "They'll taste like relish!" But not sweet relish--no. It's got to be regular relish. Well, wikipedia's telling me there's hamburger relish and hot dog relish. I think what I'm looking for is a non-sweet hot dog relish. I think this will necessitate a trip to the regular people grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home