dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, May 07, 2010

nun etc

I've been emailing with a nun of the order of Hinduism that I do. We're trying to work out logistics for a retreat she's leading for my women's group this summer. I email her convent and put in the subject line that the email's for her. We've finally settled on a date.

This morning I baked vegan banana bread and vegan sweet potato biscuits. They are and were good. I don't know why regular potatoes need to be organic but sweet potatoes don't, but I appreciate it. I've got this box of sweet potatoes my parents gave me.

Tonight there's a meeting of my women's religious group. Usually I bring berries, but I didn't make it to the store today. We are running out of some things. We lack a crucial sandwich ingredient as well as tortillas, tofu, lemons, tomatoes, creamy wheat, white whole wheat flour. But Erik's working 10 hour days. He's been disciplined today and will have time this evening to do yoga and meditate while I'm gone.

Today I went to We Make Zines to promote my two newest zines functionally ill 7 and ELM 47. I hadn't been on there in a while. Why do I promote my zines when they're free? I like trades.

Speaking of trades, I got some art in the mail today--a collage and an ATC and small zine. I like the zine best. It's about a stranger on a ferry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home