dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

rooster dish towel

Today we went to Ikea (and lived to tell the tale). We went for a wooden dish drainer, dish towels, and wooden cooking spoons to replace the two I broke the other day.

We should have taken a short cut to the kitchen stuff, but Erik likes to go through the whole place, and he's always on the lookout for a tea table. We didn't find anything appropriate, which is fine with me because the last thing we need in this apartment is another item of furniture.

Other than zines, love, people, etc, I am a bit obsessed with four things.

1. stationery
2. pens
3. soap
4. dish towels

The first two make complete sense since I write a lot of letters. Soap, I don't know. Dish towels, I don't know either. My favorite I got in Solvang and has a picture of a rooster on it. It's old now, and stained. But we're not fancy around here.

Today I got a phone call from New York, my friend's mom saying that my friend moved out of the holding tank hospital to the real hospital. So that's good. She gave me the phone number there, so I called my friend. I was in an upbeat mood and not too freaked out by calling. So I did a fine job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home