dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flacos

Today we spent in Berkeley. I wrote three letters there, and we saw some interesting animal behavior, like a cow (at Little Farm) sticking its tongue in its own nostrils, a bird jumping up to a flower over and over again, a crawdad pulling moss under a rock, and two big striped dragonflies mating.

For dinner we went to Flacos for vegan Mexican. I had a tamale, and Erik had mole tacos. Our food was really good but a little expensive. We don't know if we'll go back. We sat looking out the window, and I saw a fight (the way the window was, Erik couldn't see it). The violence bothered me. Some medical people--doctors or nurses-- were sitting behind us. I didn't like them.

But at Elmwood Stationers I bought a bunch of beautiful birthday cards and two nice pens. We saw gorgeous plants at the Tilden Park Botanic Garden--Humboldt lilies and Matilija poppies are in bloom.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home