dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

C died

My friend C died on Sunday night. I hadn't seen her in a while--she was living in a nursing home. I should have visited her when she was in a hospital a few weeks ago. But I didn't want to bother her. I can't believe I'll never see her again. She had cancer. I want to sing with the choir at her memorial service. I want to sing for mother season too, so I need to start going to choir practice. I took about six months off choir, but I guess I'm going back.

My best memory of C was one time when she touched my feet. It was after a meeting of our women's religious group, before she left early. No one had never touched my feet like that before. It's a Hindu thing.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home