dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, September 17, 2010

swirls

This morning I chatted with my friend A in upstate New York. She told me she likes to pretend rock climb. I had no idea.

Then I chatted with my friend J for an hour and a half. He lives near Chicago, and we talked about music, family, religion. I asked him (he's Christian and a youth pastor and even guest preaches at his church sometimes) if he thinks it's end times. I told him about how once I was at a youth retreat and started bawling during prayer and all these strangers laid hands on me. It's a vivid memory though my eyes were closed.

So I didn't get the dishes washed. Erik worked today and yesterday. I went for a walk and saw all the shopping carts at the bus stop, a guy with one leg, a guy with herbicide tanks strapped to his back, a black plastic plate. I smelled the juniper shrubs. I felt the wind hitting me and a gust when a huge truck passed by. I heard the usual traffic.

When I checked the mail, I found some beautiful art by JoyEliz. It's Day of the Dead themed. It's a colorful skull with swirls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home