dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 20, 2010

Lacuna

Yesterday I saw my best friend E. We went to Natural Cafe for lunch then to the park to sit on benches talking and to walk around the pond. It was beautiful. We spoke of children, They Might Be Giants songs, friends, how to cope with nervousness.

Saturday night we saw S and J. We went to S's place where they were rolling coins. Then we all sat in the living room talking, mostly about their trip to Burning Man. S went through the rebirthing tube. J rode on a topless teeter totter. S wore a camo tutu.

Saturday afternoon I saw my aunt who recently moved from Los Angeles to Nipomo. We went to her new house, and she gave me the tour. It's an amazing house with lots of room. She showed us the fruit trees in the backyard. In her bedroom I saw someone was reading the new Barbara Kingsolver novel. So yesterday my mom bought me a copy at Costco, and I'm going to give it a try. It would be nice to talk to her about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home