dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Begin to Hope

Last night was writers group--we met at a Starbucks, and it was A's first time with us. He did great. He wrote his first odes.

Then he gave us his old laptop that he added some RAM to, and today we need to try to get it going. Erik's wrestling with computers. His old computer, he can't get Java to work, and it won't download, or it downloads but won't install? which is causing problems with our scoring software. The new computer, he's having trouble getting into the control panel, or rather, he can get into the control panel but can't do anything there. However, he's still working on it. Actually, I think he's washing dishes now.

I'm seeing my friend P at 3--we're doing the bulletin, and she keeps thinking I'm blowing her off when the actual problem is that Erik fails to tell me that someone called. So I didn't know she called last night. So she was asking me again if I want to do the bulletin with her still, and I absolutely want to, but she thinks I'm sending mixed messages. I wish she would just call me on my cell phone.

I got a Regina Spektor cd out from the library, and I'm listening it to the first time, Begin to Hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home