dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

my recent graffiti research

I got some art in the mail, and it includes the slogan Demand the Impossible, which I love, so I googled it and came up with a bunch of revolutionary graffiti. It was fascinating. So I read through a lot of it and made a found poem out of my favorites.

Then today I wanted to see more graffiti quotes so I googled the same and came up with some wonderful ones. I looked through hundreds of images of graffiti until I got tired.

But I doubt my search is over. I have a true love of the transgressive communication that is good graffiti. I would never do it myself, but I'm glad other people are brave enough to break the law just to say something to me.

2 Comments:

  • At October 06, 2010 1:07 PM, Anonymous Arun said…

    yay! found poems! I love me some!

    I love graffitis! Here is one by Bansky: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Banksy_graffiti_removal.jpg
    He creates stuff that makes one think.

     
  • At October 06, 2010 1:40 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Wow, yeah--that's really thought provoking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home