dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 31, 2010

birder

Yesterday was my friend C's memorial service. I was happy to honor her by singing in the choir. It was strange to see her family members there. The service was partly for us, partly for them. They were dressed up and seemed uncomfortable. I thought Swami did a great job, and I liked the verses he chanted.

I finished laying out my zines, so we're going to Berkeley to photocopy them today although it is Halloween. I have not been in the Halloween spirit--I didn't carve a pumpkin this year, which is unusual. Erik was going to go see Halloween movies, but it looks like we won't be home in time.

We walked yesterday downtown in neighborhoods. I liked looking at all the plants. We went to a baseball card shop so I could buy clear plastic protective sleeves for my ATCs. And we went to a Japanese shop so Erik could look at stuff, mostly at matcha bowls, though they didn't have much.

Erik's becoming a birder. He also has the Sibley tree book and wants to identify trees. He seems almost manic about it. I'm glad it's making him happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home