dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Safeway and mail

Today I went to the Safeway across the street. I hadn't been there in a long time, maybe nine months. I hate it there! It's huge. I went to buy kitchen bags, and I had to walk down the isle with all the detergents. The smell almost seized my lungs. Then I had to choose from a dizzying array of kitchen bags. Then I had to wait in line, where all the magazines pressed in on me, pushing for my attention. Then I had to walk home, and the exhaust from trucks sickened me. I guess I'm feeling over-sensitive today.

There were two good things about the trip--one was that "I Will Get By" by the Grateful Dead was playing, which I kind of like. I can't remember the other good thing.

Then I got the mail--I received wonderful mail. S sent me a new mix cd--yay! and a letter. H sent me a podcast burned onto cd and a beautiful note. So I have new things to listen to. Besides the neighbor's gag-coughing, bird song, and Kitty yelling at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home