dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, December 03, 2010

pineapple mystery

When I eat raw pineapple, then I eat something else, the thing I eat after the pineapple tastes weird. Does this happen to other people too? It's like pineapple temporarily changes my taste buds in some way.

Today Erik got a new computer mouse at Target. He's trying it out.

Something bit me on my left arm, my upper arm, on the inside. I don't know what bit me, but it's super itchy and swelled. There's an inner red circle about the size of a nickel and then an outer pink circle about the size of the diameter of a golf ball. I was indoors, and I hope it wasn't a spider, but I was awake.

3 Comments:

  • At December 03, 2010 12:55 PM, Anonymous katie said…

    keep an eye on it - sounds awfully like lyme disease. do you think it could've been a tick? not sure if those swell though...

     
  • At December 04, 2010 8:25 AM, Anonymous MM said…

    That does sound like a tick. You may have picked it up at a park and not noticed until the redness started. I think they generally treat lyme with antibiotics or penicillin.

     
  • At December 04, 2010 10:33 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thanks for looking out for me, you two. The outer pink circle has faded. This has happened to me at least once before. If I develop any other symptoms of lyme's disease, I will go to the doctor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home