dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 13, 2011

bread

My monitor started messing up. Everything got too bright with weird lines running through it. This morning it happened--Erik hit it, and the problem went away.

Today it was rainy. I didn't go out except to do the laundry and check the mail. I got fantastic mail from Australia and England.

I thought about calling my friend J. I found out how to do it (the codes to dial) and what the time difference is--she lives in Victoria. I couldn't find her phone number--she told it to me, but I don't know where that paper is right now--so I looked it up online, found it. I almost called her, but I was too shy, and I got distracted by a strange unwanted email and my bread.

I baked bread in my bread machine today. I had the same problem I always do--it didn't rise very well. I think I need new yeast. I hadn't used my bread machine in several years, and I'm not sure whether to try again or freecycle it.

I read about a book about a guy who decided to get his possessions down to 100. That's 100 items to own. The idea of it inspires me.

2 Comments:

  • At January 19, 2011 2:39 PM, Anonymous Arun said…

    What's the name of the book?

    I'd toyed with that idea 3 years ago. Apparently, I went all the way. Crazy! I will tell you later when we meet!

     
  • At January 19, 2011 2:53 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    It's called The 100 Thing Challenge--I guess it started as a blog. I look forward to hearing about your experience!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home