dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, January 01, 2011

happy new year

We were snowed in and stayed an extra day, which makes things complicated. Erik will not be able to pick me up Sunday night because of his jury duty Monday morning, so I will be staying in Santa Maria for a few extra days and may take the Amtrak home. I'm sick with a cold. This has been quite a Christmas vacation, much more than I bargained for, and I definitely got a break from Sac. I will be happy to get back to a real keyboard--my dad's laptop drives me nuts and I hit the caps lock key all the time. I've been sleeping like crap on the Murphy bed with springs I could feel and a flat pillow. So I was actually awake for New Years but it didn't mean much to me. Happy anyway. I can believe it's 2011 but can't believe it's January. Wish us luck getting to Flagstaff--there's a lot of snow between here and there.

2 Comments:

  • At January 01, 2011 12:21 PM, Blogger Sairs said…

    I hate it when you get a keyboard that is different to the one you are used to. Andy, my husband, has a keyboard that has the backspace key with an extra key before it. It drives me nuts as I always hit the other key too. I hope you get home soon and sorry to hear you have a cold. I hope you get better soon!
    ~Sarah~

     
  • At January 05, 2011 9:14 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I thought this would be a super brief cold, but I seem to have relapsed. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home