dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, January 16, 2011

updates, get your updates here

Yesterday we went to Berkeley for the REI used gear sale. Strangely enough, I went in! It was my first time. It was pretty bad. At one point I was going through the sleeping bags when someone came up beside me and started going through the sleeping bags aggressively. I was trapped between him and the wall with a large bin behind me. It was No Fun. After a while I just held stuff for Erik. I just stood there holding stuff until finally I told him I needed to get out of there.

Then we went to an outlet store looking for sleeping bags and didn't find a good price. Erik wanted to go to a surplus store too but I thought it looked too shady.

Today we had fun at the big farmers market under the freeway. We bought onions for fifty cents a pound from a guy I don't like. We bought organic apples, garlic almonds, fresh parsley for making a nice Middle Eastern potato salad.

Then we went birding. I read zines and wrote letters while Erik birded. He claimed to see meadowlarks, but I think they were way too small to be meadowlarks. There was a colorful kestrel. I read a Laterborn and three Black Teas by Jason Martin.

Yesterday when we got home from Berkeley and checked the mail, I had a package from Arizona, a necklace I ordered, a necklace of juniper berry seeds or cedar seeds. I love these seeds, but the necklace is not of the best quality. Some of the seeds are broken or missing--the necklace has a gap. Still I like it.

A year and a half ago I was at Four Corners with my parents and there was a juniper berry seed necklace I almost bought. I think it was $20. I didn't buy it and afterward wished I had. So I finally looked online and found some and used Christmas money to buy it. That reminds me, I need to send a thank you note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home