dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, April 16, 2011

ambitions

Today I wrote a letter to my friend J who lives in Minnesota--I wrote the letter on that nice stripey paper. I finished it at the park, where it wasn't too crowded though it's quite warm this weekend.

Tomorrow we help friends move, and Erik will do taxes. North Carolina is almost done. I think we'll score out tomorrow. Thank gosh!

Today at the library I checked out a book of writing prompts. I told Erik that I want to be a writer. It was funny since I already am. But what if I could channel all my writing energy into a novel and get rich quick? I told Erik all the money would be mine, that he couldn't have any of it. That seems unlikely. But maybe this summer I can get some discipline, just try it out, for the heck of it.

I'd like to meditate every day also. I hate the heat, but I think it could be a good summer for me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home