dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, April 18, 2011

water

Today there's no hot water. I called the property management company and got an answer. Someone answered the phone! I just about peed my pants with surprise. The worker said she'd send someone right out. Haven't seen anyone. Erik was taking out the trash and talked with a neighbor who said he didn't have hot water either.

Sunday we helped friends move furniture. Their new apartment had a busted pipe, and water was shooting out. Then they took us out to lunch at Andy Nguyen's to thank us for our help. It was really nothing--moving can be horrid--this was just a couple light desks, a big bookshelf, a bed, a small dresser, some smaller shelves, a few boxes. Most of the boxes they'll move by car.

I told Erik I'm giving up tea. It would save money. "You'll get dehydrated," he said. I told him that every time he makes himself tea, he can pour me a cup of water to drink. "It won't save much money," he said and tried to convince me that a big bag of green rooibos is inexpensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home