dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

match

Okay--it's come to my attention that I haven't been blogging enough. Too many pictures, not enough words. Truth be told, I'm blogging elsewhere. I'm blogging gratitude journals elsewhere, and I felt like everything I said here was boring. Is this boring? It's hard to know.

I wrote a poem this morning--it's called "magnolia" but that might change. That was the easiest title.

I wanted to tell you something. Do you remember that day there was a turtle on the dirt track at the park? And my favorite homeless person and I succeeded in getting it back to its pond using teamwork (I watched his stuff while he returned the turtle to its pond)?

Well, I see him almost every day at the park. The guy, not the turtle. And the other day he seemed to be looking at me, so I waved, and he either didn't notice or ignored me.

Then the other day we were at the park and a different homeless person came up to us--this one has a dog. The dog is a lion hunter, a rhodesian ridgeback. This guy was asking about places to get food--we told him Loaves & Fishes. But mostly he wanted food for his dog. I told him he should talk to the my favorite homeless person and pointed out where he sits, the corner of the park, on his favorite bench.

Only problem was there was a huge volleyball tournament going on. But later I looked and the two guys were talking. I was happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home